Fauxtato chips - yep, you read that right. Whether you are watching carbs or looking for something other than a boring potato chip, we think you will love these.
We made ours with regular red raddishes and baked them. To change it up you can use daikon or any root vegetable for that matter. Fry them up for a more organic "chip" or try them in your air fryer!
If you're baking them like we did, make sure you slice them as thin as possible for the crunchiest, light as air chips. Dip these delicious goodies in some homemade ranch dressing, sweet onion dip or another of your favorite dips. The very best thing next to the awesomeness of the crunch and flavor - you don't even have to peel radishes! Leaving the skin on gives them a nice mild peppery flavor.
Pssst - try adding some hints of flavor like rosemary, paprika or even sage.
Yields: 4 servings Prep Time: 0 hours 20 mins Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
1 bunch radishes (about 7 medium radishes)
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Freshly ground black pepper
Ranch, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 225°. If you'd like to remove the skins, use a vegetable peeler to remove all red skin from radishes. Using a mandoline, thinly slice radishes and place in a large bowl.
- Add vegetable oil and garlic powder to radishes and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then spread in an even layer on large baking sheets. Be sure none of the radishes are overlapping.
- Bake until chips are crisp and slightly golden, 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then serve with ranch for dipping.
For Air Fryer
- If you'd like to remove the skins, use a vegetable peeler to remove all red skin from radishes. Using a mandoline, thinly slice radishes and place in a large bowl.
- Add garlic powder to radishes and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Working in batches, add to air fryer and cook at 350° for 6 to 7 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through, until chips are golden and crispy.
**Just be sure to shake basket to flip the chips halfway through for even cooking. **